Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Sketchup to Muvizu

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
27/03/2012 01:34:53

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
Looks fantastic and we could do with a good bridge and shop front. Lots of possibilities.
27/03/2012 10:15:37

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Hi Dylly, just been admiring your handywork, brilliant models
by the way, and very nice that you have worked so hard to get
that Muvizu look in your models, top Muvizuer!!

Now, your bridge is great, and looking forward to the movie,
Could I suggest Gargoyles Heads on the corners, and maybe,
A sword and shield design in the middle?

art
27/03/2012 10:36:48

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Now that's a great idea artpen! If I make them as separate props it will make the whole thing more adaptable!
27/03/2012 11:27:40

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Nice one Dylly, also, this bridge has a medieval theme to it.

Maybe a defensive bridge, you could have Bow slots on either
Side?

Just a thought, anyway, You could call it............

" The Dark Crusader Bridge!!!!"
27/03/2012 11:34:20

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Absolutely brilliant Dylly - you're a muvizu modeller maestro
27/03/2012 12:34:39

skylikeMuvizu mogulExperimental user
skylike
Holy Crap Dylly beautiful!!!!
28/03/2012 02:39:23

HayManMarcExperimental user
HayManMarc
Wow, dylly! You are an inspiration! Great work, as usual.
edited by HayManMarc on 03/04/2012
03/04/2012 17:21:18

Dylly
I'm in a bit of a quandary guys and I'm hoping you will share your opinions. I'm currently on the final rebuild of my High Bridge Cafe set. Below is the reference material I'm working from and some shots of where I'm up to in Max, I've hidden the back walls so we can get a better look. As I'm building I'm trying to split the set into a batch of separate models so we can get the most use out of them, so I've double skinned the walls so that we can use the interiors as well as exteriors for sets.

Now the first question is this...are the stairwells useful to Muvizu users, if so I will carry on and make the collision meshes for them? And the second question...is there any way at all to put glass in the doors and still have the doors animate?

03/04/2012 18:30:11

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
Wow! Great work Dylly! IMHO I think the stairwells would be very useful indeed! Again, great work!
04/04/2012 00:11:40

gimmick
gimmick
Nice work!
Stairwells with the collision meshes would be probably very useful in many movies

And the nice High Bridge would be also very useful in a "stand alone" version (with 2 guard-rails in length and not 3)
04/04/2012 09:41:05

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Dylly wrote:
And the second question...is there any way at all to put glass in the doors and still have the doors animate?

This is looking awesome Dylly, as ever. I think if you want transparency on the glass you'd need 2 separate objects, one as the glass and one as the door. It's the old transparency issue within a non-transparent frame issue. I'd probably go for green screening the windows if you want to see through them otherwise you'll need to get both objects to open in sync to get it to look as good as it can.
edited by Jamie on 04/04/2012

--
Direct, don't animate!
04/04/2012 11:35:10

Dylly
Thanks for the input guys! I've completed the first two floors of the staircase and double skinned it so that it can be imported into Muvizu as a separate model. I will make a universal id map for it so that it can be textured up in Photoshop or Gimp to suit whatever set it's being used in.

I've started work on the second level proper now, just detailing in the windows. A quick point here about scales in SketchUp, I've settled on a temporary scale for walls of 4m high and depth of 15cm for buildings. This is still very approximate, and the models scale will be altered in 3ds Max before I make the .ase file for import. Everything is still very much..by eye...when it comes to scale...I'm just not clever enough to calibrate SketchUp & 3ds Max to match Muvizu. I just know I'm going to have to endure the ridicule and ask the father in law to work it out for me!

I'm looking forward very much to the Dev's taking a look at the import functions with regard to opacity and luminescence... animated glass doors and lights that shine!

06/04/2012 08:42:17

gimmick
gimmick
Dilly wrote on twitter
Found a new tool for SketchUp! Really speeding up Muvizu set creation!

What is it?
06/04/2012 09:14:09

Dylly
Hi Gimmick,

It's the Pro Builder by Dale Martens available from www.smustard.com.

There are two versions here is a link to the FREE version http://www.smustard.com/script/ProfileBuilderFree

This is exactly the same as the Pro version minus the ability to save your own profiles.

Essentially the tool is a souped up 'follow me' tool with a large library of profiles to create everything from chair rails to girders. After a couple of hours using the free version I coughed up for the pro version so that I could save more 'Muvizu-esque' profiles into a library at a scale more suitable for Muvizu models.

Worth every cent of the $20 paid for it, has sped up tremendously the making of components for models and totally changed my workflow for the better.
06/04/2012 09:39:57

gimmick
gimmick
OK, thanks Dylly. I will try this software

When a software is good & useful, $20 is a moderate price
06/04/2012 19:39:34

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Dylly, that Pro Builder tool is bloody excellent - thankyou! Thumbs Up
06/04/2012 23:20:12

Dylly
Glad you liked it Ziggy, it's some great tool Gimmick!

Well this is how much it speeded up the workflow for me....what I thought was going to be several days work turned out to be hours!

So here at last is the SketchUp Build over and done with.

I quickly finished off the second floor.

Planned out the seating arrangements....

Then with the aid of the Pro Builder shot through the third floor and finished off the roof, dormas and guttering.

Now the hard part begins! Now that I've finished the build in SketchUp, I've got to start to dismantle the model ready for texturing.

For the past few months I've been trying to get my website together again...so I will keep a blog (content generator) of the process from build to Muvizu so people can see the cock-ups as well as the steps I take in getting the Model from SketchUp into Muvizu.
07/04/2012 15:33:26

gimmick
gimmick
Thanks Dylly, this plugin is fantastic !
08/04/2012 14:03:59

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
That is one fantastic creation Dylly, I don't envy you having to dismantle it. It must be like Christopher Wren having to dismantle St.Pauls.

I hope when it's done it's available on here and not rebuilt on some rich Americans ranch as a tourist attraction.

As for your mouse (twitter feed), have you tried changing the battery. I also keep a USB one in the drawer in case of emergencies. Hope it's sorted soon.
28/04/2012 00:19:14

Dylly
ziggy72 wrote:
Dylly, I have a question for you and I think it's best asked here (to help everyone else too).

I have this frying pan I made in Sketchup - I would like to have a graphic in the middle of it (say bacon & eggs) but when I put a picture in there it comes out like this ;

This is using the Muvizu wanted poster as the picture. Very nice design it creates, but not what I want. I tried adjusting the UV parameters in Sketchup but it didn't help. I know I'm missing something here but I don't know what. Can you help?

Thanks in advance!

Ziggy!!!!!! I've found a cure!

Below is a poorly modeled plate with an image stuck in the middle all done in SketchUp! I've found a plug-in that can UV map in SketchUp that will also export your SketchUp model as a .obj so that it can integrate with a free UVW mapper such as Roadkill and re import your uv's to your model...so in other words you can have your cake in the middle of the plate!

The plug-in is called SketchUv Mapping tools and is available from www.smustard.com...The bad news....oh all right it's $15.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Importing Assets ? Sketchup to Muvizu