Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Finding muvizu's ase

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
25/11/2016 10:50:44

Anticip
Anticip
Ok here is to the crazy

Is there anywhere on my computer the files of each item parts included in Muvizu ?

For instance is there a way (even a very hard way I'm a quick learner) to extract an item (say the bride's hat) from muvizu and modify it through sketch up or blender and then re-import it into Muvizu as a standard ase file ?

Thanks a lot.
25/11/2016 13:25:52

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Even if there is a way, (I speak hypothetically) when you installed Muvizu and clicked the user agreement, you agreed that in exchange for a license to use Muvizu you would not engage in any kind of reverse engineering of the product. So, Digimania could revoke the license of anyone who found and exploited a way to do what you're asking.

The good news is that modelling isn't that hard, and a fast learner like you could probably figure out how to make just about any prop he needs from scratch.

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but its the only answer I'm comfortable providing.
28/11/2016 10:19:16

Anticip
Anticip
Hi Pat,

I can completely understand that answer. Though it felt like Muvizu was quite a collaborative tool where people create and share so that the product grows bigger and bigger. Let's be honest about it, user made assets are a more than solid argument to invest into muvizu. And with the tech team itself releasing the base models of the characters so that we can make custom textures, I thought that (disregarding indeed the end user agreement) it was something they would be open to consider as it would make the user creation much faster if we could work off their base models (not to sell them or anything of the sort).

To be honest I thought it was already the case, that it was maybe tricky but that somehow people had already figured out, with muvizu's blessing, how to work off those base models.

Point taken though. Thanks !
28/11/2016 16:02:12

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Anticip wrote:
Hi Pat,

I can completely understand that answer. Though it felt like Muvizu was quite a collaborative tool where people create and share so that the product grows bigger and bigger. Let's be honest about it, user made assets are a more than solid argument to invest into muvizu.

I agree wholeheartedly that the large pool of user created assets is one of MUVIZU's selling points. I can testify that the other animation alternatives provide very little to work with unless you buy assets... none of which are free!

And with the tech team itself releasing the base models of the characters so that we can make custom textures, I thought that (disregarding indeed the end user agreement) it was something they would be open to consider as it would make the user creation much faster if we could work off their base models (not to sell them or anything of the sort).

well...um.. actually the tech team didn't release the base models. A user figured out how to extract them and a lot of stuff happened very quickly and before you know it, they were posted for download... It may be worth noting that the user who figured it out was informed about the user agreement and its implications. I think its a good thing that they have allowed the base models to remain available, as they are really useful when you are sizing attachments. I fear that if reverse engineering the product became a cottage industry, they'd have to do something. I speak without real knowledge, just my intuition.

To be honest I thought it was already the case, that it was maybe tricky but that somehow people had already figured out, with muvizu's blessing, how to work off those base models.

Point taken though. Thanks !

I think you are right about everything except the "with Muvizu's blessing" part.

The original thread may still be available, but I don't think the details of how to extract anything were ever posted on the forum. (I could be wrong). If you search for the phrase "base models" (or some variation thereof) you may be able to find more information than I'm able to provide here. At the very least, you may see who to contact privately for more information.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Importing Assets ? Finding muvizu's ase