Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Sketchup to Muvizu

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
12/01/2012 02:23:40

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Dylly wrote:
..if it works then Angelina Jolie is going to be busy doing some light dusting round my place!

Not until she's finished painting my spare room she won't! (lazy moo!)
13/01/2012 11:07:51

Marco_D
Marco_D
Hello everyone,

Dylly's amazing work is now available on our 3D assets gallery.

If the textures seem low-res, simply save the set and then re-load it.
That should fix it.

Cheers,
Marco
13/01/2012 13:35:48

Dreeko
Marco_D wrote:
Hello everyone,

Dylly's amazing work is now available on our 3D assets gallery.

If the textures seem low-res, simply save the set and then re-load it.
That should fix it.

Cheers,
Marco

I can heartily recommend downloading Dylly's work it is truly outstanding and sits perfectly with The style of the Muvizu HQ created objects
13/01/2012 20:35:04

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I've just downloaded Dylly's work (fantasy cottage) and it really is amazing. Quality stuff here folks!
14/01/2012 14:47:20

lchicker
lchicker
I also have downloaded Dylly's cottage, I agree with Mysto, it's amazing. However, I believe the name is spelled wrong. The correct spelling is 'FANTASTIC COTTAGE'.

@Dylly-Thank You for sharing you hard work with the community.
23/02/2012 01:51:43

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
I'm pleased folks are enjoying the cottage...got some more models in the final stages of prep including my most complicated (for me at any rate) to date.

Here's a bit of a sneaky peek...

I've been looking through some Sci-Fi cover artwork from the 1950's and thought I would create a couple of models based on them to give our evil genius sus sus sus..s something to play with in their lairs.

First up is a set of controls in two parts for....well stuff! I noticed that in 1950 the future seemed to hold nothing but big switches and dials so...

Part 1 Just a big Switch

Part two a control console.

Someone asked me, forget who, if I could 'dirty' the models up a bit so consider them dirtied!
In most of the Bond films and in a lot of the artwork I used as reference, no 'lair' was complete without some guy welding in the scene. So next up a welding or cutting gear...just the gun bit to do.

There are four models in this set, two cylinders, a trolley and a complete set of cylinders mounted on the trolley. Collision meshes on all the models are made to accommodate imnteraction with other props and characters.

Pen-ultimately there is the...Capsule...For some reason in the 1950's heroines spent a lot of time strapped inside glass capsules...so with the aid of Hugmyster's bikini texture Princess Leia gets to try out the gizmo.

Finally there's a bit of an oddity...whilst building my new website I wanted to add Tube Face and You Twit icons...so I've started modelling some...first up is a Twitter icon in the shape of ...a bog. Still in it's bare materials but textures added soon.

Was I mental before I started Muvizuing? Perhaps so, but I most indefinably am now!
If anyone has any ideas for props to add to this set let me know and I will add them.

Tim
23/02/2012 05:25:05

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Dylly,

I'm in awe of your talent and effort and am thinking how I can put these to use.

Can "the switch" move ? If it was in two parts you could animate the handle so it could be activated.
23/02/2012 08:56:10

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Dylly
These are absolutely brilliant - mosy of the stories i eventually want to make involve mad scientists somewhere along the line and these are just perfect

Thank you

Toonarama
23/02/2012 10:26:48

Luscan
Luscan
I don't think there's a :O big enough to express my utter astonishment at how brilliant these models are Dylly. Keep up the brilliant, brilliant work. :]
23/02/2012 10:38:52

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Beautiful work, mental Tim
23/02/2012 10:55:09

Marco_D
Marco_D
Now I know why you've been so quiet

Excellent work Dylly, I'm glad you are part of this community.

Cheers,
Marco
23/02/2012 11:39:57

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
how about (and could be a challenge) some form of electrical generator which with added muvizu sparks and smoke could look great!
23/02/2012 11:58:28

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Great work Dylly - look forward to playing with them!

--
Direct, don't animate!
23/02/2012 17:34:11

Dylly
Thanks Guys. Just putting some last minute adjustments to textures and collision meshes and should be uploaded for the audit on Monday!

@ukberty, yup the switch can move the bottom section has only a partial collision mesh.

@toonarama now thats a good idea, hunting out reference stuff as I type.

@the Muvizu Team...without the encouragement, hints, tips, inspiration and guidance I would still be trying to create and import wonky widgets!

Talking of wonky widgets...I finished the twitter icon

23/02/2012 19:20:26

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Bleedin' hell mate, those are so fitting - I mean they look like they were already in Muvizu and we all just missed them. Awestruck.

And could I request a light switch? Just a plain old white flat wall switch? The ones I've got off Sketchup don't look good. Plug sockets too - pulling the plug on someone requires sockets Plot points often hinge on such (apparently) mundane things, I think.
24/02/2012 01:36:30

Dylly
Great idea Ziggy! Something like this or with the sides not at right angles? The collision mesh on the right with separate switch to animate. Not textured yet of course. British, continental or American plug sockets?

25/02/2012 15:11:08

Dreeko
you've been busy!

That looks like a lot of tools you have there in your sketchup program. Do you use most of them?
26/02/2012 01:34:28

Dylly
I have to admit to being a bit of a 'free' and 'not so free' plugin collector, but I have to be ruthless with the Sketchup plugins as there are so many of them. But then with the plugin's I've found there is very little that Sketchup cannot achieve.

If anyone is interested here's what they all are.

Top row left to right
SandBox Tools for terrain (Free), Artisan Tool Kit subdivide, smoothing and sculpting tools for organic shapes about $30 I think,Fredo's Round edge and bevel tools (free),Bool Tools saves on intersecting faces (about $10 I think), Fredo's Scale tools set (free) for twisting geometry, and curve tools for...well drawing curves.

Second Row
Basic tool set with the addition of Fredo's Draw on Surface Tool Set for drawing on the surface of curved shapes.(All Free)

Third Row
Sketchy Physics Tools(Free) for animation.

Final Row
This is a new set of tools to me that I am trialing, its the 1001 bit Architectural tools. The price I think is around the $30 mark...but so far they have been invaluable for a variety of basic modelling tasks and cutting the donkey work out of things like stairs...worth the investment I feel.

I cannot find anything that the 'paid for' version of sketchup can do that the free version, with a few plugins, can't.

Most of the sketchup plugins are available from sketchucation.com smustard.com or from artisan directly.

Tim
26/02/2012 01:59:25

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Dylly wrote:
Great idea Ziggy! Something like this or with the sides not at right angles? The collision mesh on the right with separate switch to animate. Not textured yet of course. British, continental or American plug sockets?

Yes to all of the above! Having it animated would be excellent too...I think the rounded look is more Muvizu-ish, although I don't know about textures - I was thinking just plain plastic, but you could have those fancier brass plated ones I suppose...
27/02/2012 02:47:14

Dylly
Here are some of the test shots in Muvizu of a 3 pin plug and socket set. Still got a lot of fiddling to do with collision mesh and smoothing groups...still I think it's nearly there! Switches etc can be animated, just got several variants to make just to make sure I cover all the bases.

edited by Dylly on 27/02/2012
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Importing Assets ? Sketchup to Muvizu